Sunday, September 1, 2019

Deponia Doomsday



Is this a good point and click adventure game? Should you spend your hard earned money here? Are you wasting your answer reading this review? Short answers; I don't know, I don't know, and yes.

I haven't enjoyed a point and click since finishing Maniac Mansion on the C64 - they just don't do it for me. I think, and this is guesswork based on an hour of play, but I think Deponia is a good game if you're into adventure games.  It looked nice, it did adventure things and the interface worked well. Additional points for a seamless uninstall.

VERDICT: For me, like watching paint dry. I'd rather read a book. If I want to participate in the story, I'd pick up a Fighting Fantasy book.

Final Word: HARD PASS FOR ME. TENTATIVE RECOMMEND FOR POINT AND CLICK FANS

(game link)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't played a point and click adventure game in years either, I like the art style. Unsure if it would grab me either

    ReplyDelete