Wednesday, November 6, 2019

What the hell is going on with this review site!

Have I abandoned it!? Hell no. What's happening is an amalgamation of several occurrences coming together at once to slow my rate of writing.

First and foremost, I'm not playing a lot of small games right now. ARMA3 Liberation, Outer Worlds and Battletech have dominated game time and I don't feel people need yet another review by a backwater site on the subject of a AAA game release. Suffice to say I like all three games and you should defn buy them if their genre is in your wheelhouse.

Second, it's spring where I live, coming into summer. This time of year I play more sport, do more training and spend a lot less time gaming. For this reason I might branch out into board game reviews or board game session reports. I tend to play more board games when the weather is good.

Third, I've been playing through a heap of games on my original XBox. I might post a bunch of micro reviews, I just want to touch on every title I have even a fleeting interest in and give a brief summary of the underlying game style plus my thoughts. Maybe.

Fourth, work is busy. Life is busy. I'm older (as the banner suggests) and I have older children whom I spend a lot of time chasing around or doing things with. Last night I was playing Street Fighter 2 and Dead or Alive with my 15 year old. He's never seen either and we had a great laugh.

Fifth, I'm doing a lot of other writing that kind of takes up what little creative time I have. These are fiction I'm going to submit in the next six months in the hopes of following up the publication of my first story earlier this year.

Do I have a lot of games to play and review? Oh my god, yes. Do I have time to do it? Probably. But it would mean pushing aside a bunch of other jobs and hobbies, and right now the focus is on them rather than game review. Soon though, the pendulum with swing this way once more. Until then...game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment