Thursday, March 26, 2020

Whispers of a Machine




A point and click adventure game set in the future. It features a detective with special powers of deduction provided by cybernetic bits implanted in her body bits. You're solving futuristic crimes, like murder (futuristic murder) and theft (futuristic theft), and you know it's futuristic because you need the aforementioned fancy implants to interrogate people and look for clues. It's all just a bunch of shortcuts for what in the present day would be forensics and lie detectors. In practice it's actually pretty cool. The setting is...fine. Generic future-drab with a hint of Blade Runner.

VERDICT: A good adventure game with nice game play mechanics set in a bland world.

Final Word: I liked what I played and, even with my natural aversion to adventure games (I finished Maniac Mansion on the C64 and have not played more than a handful of hours of any game in the genre since), I think I might play some more.

(game link)

No comments:

Post a Comment