Thursday, March 26, 2020

Override: Mech City Brawl



A mech game of brawling and...that's about it. A beat-em up with robots basically. Fight monsters in various destructible environs (bit like the Godzilla game), throwing, punching and launching special attacks. The controls were a bit dull and probably lend themselves to a controller. I could only work out how to jump, punch and dash with any precision, occasionally pulling a fancy move out of my ass through the tried and tested method of mashing everything randomly. There are co-op and versus modes available and for this reason I've retained the game for future couch co-op. Mechs can also be upgraded and there and power-ups and extra weapons available.

VERDICT: As a single player game it was definitely not something for me, but local co-op is a possibility.

Final Word: Eh. It's a clunky brawler with dull controls. In this day and age I expect my beat-em-up games to be slick and crazy. It felt a lot like the old Godzilla game with more interesting environments. Maybe pair it up with a friend in co-op? I may revise the review after I get a chance to try it.

(game link)

No comments:

Post a Comment