Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup




The recommended rouge-like by lovers of rougelikes. I'm not a big fan of the genre, but I do play Tales of Maj'eyal and I've tried a bunch of different rougelike games lately to see if I can puzzle out the mass appeal.

From the 30 minutes I played it felt like a traditional rougelike; grid based movement, pretty complex, basic visuals (not bad, but not great), simple combat, permadeath. Might have another peek, but with Tales of Maj-Eyal and Elona I feel like I'm already getting the roguelike experience without the permadeath and endless dungeon crawl.

VERDICT: I think it's premium sushi. If you like sushi you'll fucking LOVE IT, if you don't like sushi I doubt it'll change your mind.

Final Word: GOOD FOR WHAT IT IS

(game link)

No comments:

Post a Comment