Monday, November 14, 2011

F1 2011 made me swear in front of my children


I like racing games, especially since I purchased a Logitech G27, so I thought I'd share my initial reaction to playing F1 2011 last night. After 30 minutes of driving at high speed in Time Trials and one 3 lap race, I think the session could best be described as "OH GOD JESUS MARY JOSEPH AND ALL THE ANGELS THIS IS INSANE!".

I know as I grow comfortable with a new racer that things will settle down and I'll get more of a feel for driving smoothly and consistently, but seriously, this is the first time I've felt as if I'm doing less 'racing' and more 'simply keeping an uncontrollable beast on the track and out of the wall'. I'm not sure I've said "whoooaa shiiiiiitt" more times in a 30 minute session as I did in F1 2011, and I think that's a good thing. Also, my young children learned a few new words - like apex, downforce and fuckdamn.

Since I purchased this in a Steam special I now have Dirt3 to look forward to this evening. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment