Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New PC Time

Hi I am Borris and I am addicted to Technology

Much to the disdain of my fellow posters, I am always upgrading my PC. Always, I am the worst or best kind of consumer depending on which camp you subscribe to. I have recently gone thru a minimalism phase. I set myself the challenge of making my main gaming PC a small mini-itx box that still had enough grunt to drive my 30" monitor.

Spec sheet is below
Zotac Z68ITX-A-E Z68 MINI-ITX WIFI LGA1155
Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
Antec KUHLER H2O 620 CPU cooler
OCZ 60G Vertex II E Series SSD x2
Gigabyte GTX590 Dual-GPU 3G PCI Express
SilverStone SG07B-W w 600W PSU Mini ITX case

What was the main drive behind this? Well I was sick at looking at a massive clunky tower. And I had recently found myself enjoying the old school lan. So I wanted a machine that was portable.

The next phase of this project is a custom paint job and trying to make it quieter. Hey I don't like noise either!

No comments:

Post a Comment