Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Terraria 1.1 Patch tomorrow and why you should care

If you don't know what Terraria is, I assume you are either retarded or came to this site by mistake. The fact it has been a HUGE success is an understatement. The 1.1 patch drops tomorrow and it almost would be considered an expansion pack in the old days. Or some bigger companies would push it out as DLC. Here is a link to the new features coming in the next patch below is a video preview of the content. I want one of those drills!

2 comments:

  1. It's one of those games that I enjoyed immensely over a very short and intense period of time. And then one day, just after gaining the best armour and weapons, I realised it was now boring and pointless. I really dug (get it!) the digging, building and exploring portions of the game - and once they were rendered redundant I couldn't see the point of going on. I haven't seen anything in the video above that really changes that. I want the common ores to become relevant again so I can use them to build useful stuff and give myself an excuse to go digging again. What I don't want is more prebuilt structures to jump and shoot my way through like a destructible Super Mario Brothers.

    I'll have a look at this 1.1 thing, but I fear the experience may be over all too soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There does seem to be a purpose behind getting the common ore types, but that is more for vanity purposes. Decorating your den of despair, that sort of thing.

    I think the reason we stopped playing was precisely that, there was nothing more to dig for. Now there is more, so bring on the excavation! Whether it has longevity will remain to be seen.

    B

    ReplyDelete